Thursday, January 6, 2011

Google translate

Pros and Cons of google translate..

It can be very useful for banana/mango like me who doesn't even know chinese and need to read chinese sentences. Likewise for other languages too. However, it sounds funny cos it is directly translated into the language that you have chosen. So, all the phrases might be upside down and when you read it, it's either:

a) You understand what it wants/telling about;
b) You get a lot of question marks on your head and that sentence does not make sense to you at all.

Try and read this paragraph that I've gotten from a friend of mine who actually use google translate to translate it into english for me (I'm not saying that friend of mine is bla bla bla... I'm just taking it as an example - I knew my friend is very busy and have no time to do the translation cos it's a very urgent stuff and I need it right away to prepare). Here it is:

"That most of the Jews, the Jesus is in the low areas in Singapore when the alien preaching to a group of aliens. Jesus began to affect the work and information on a large number of aliens. Jesus have mercy on the records of non-Jews, and further confirmed Mark's writing the object is Roman."

Sounds funny right? and the sentences don't make any sense to you at all right? You can't even guess it.. Now, you know how I got confused and have a BIG "?" mark on my face and lotsa tiny "?" on my head. 


Although it sounds funny, sometimes google translate does give us some benefits. Actually, we (mango/banana) are able to understand some simples sentences. Eg: "If you think about today, you come to church, you believe in Jesus, accept Jesus for what purpose?" This sounds just nice.... not funny at all and you know what it is exactly! Ta-dang~ A big clap to google!

See, here's the miracle of Google translate.. when you are down, why not translate some sentences and make it funny? Language... ah..languages.


No comments: